Laminate Flooring Melbourne
Laminate Flooring Melbourne Supplier
What is Laminate Flooring
Do you want every aspect of having a wood flooring, but durable and budget-friendly? That’s what laminate flooring is. Laminate floors are a combination of particleboard wood, topped with two layers – one an image layer and a transparent wear layer. These floors imitate wood flooring, are durable and are easy to install, unlike wood flooring.
These are perfect for any low-moisture area and give the same appearance as hardwood. The best part? You can find them in a wide range of colors and designs, and you can even choose the design you want as they are made based on photographic images.
Types of Laminate Flooring
There are two types of laminate floors.
- Engineered wood: These are made up of many layers of real wood and topped with a top layer of hardwood. Engineered wood floors are expensive compared to plastic laminate and would cost at least twice as much.
- Plastic laminate: Plastic laminate flooring consists of planks made of 3 layers. One layer of melamine, a middle layer of fiberwood and a top layer of plastic that look like wood. These are budget-friendly and satisfy the purpose of having a floor that looks like wood.
Advantages of Laminate Flooring
There are many reasons why homeowners go for laminate flooring over hardwood. Let’s take a look at a few of them.
- Environmentally friendly as you are using less wood
- They are less expensive than hardwood
- The top layer of laminate flooring is scratch-resistant
- If you’re going for engineered laminate, they are also better resistant to temperature changes and moisture levels than hardwood, because of it’s many layers
Disadvantages of Laminate Flooring
- Compared to hardwood, laminate flooring is not a long-term investment. It doesn’t increase the value of your property either.
- They are not moisture-resistant. If exposed to high water content for a long time, they will swell up beyond repair.
- Even though the boards are tough to daily wear and tear, they can get chipped easily.
Laminate Flooring Melbourne Showroom
When you are choosing your laminate flooring, be sure to follow this checklist:
- Check if the laminate floors look like hardwood or are they just a cheap imitation of it.
- Are the wood patterns repeating or do they have natural shapes and lines?
- Are there spaces between each plank or are they joined tightly without any space?
- Are the edges smooth and equally levelled up or do they have a mismatch in height differences?
Finding laminate flooring can be a daunting task if you are new to it. At Joshua Tiles, you can find high-quality laminate flooring that fits your budget and decor needs. You can choose from a wide range of patterns and colours we have and you’d be glad to know we do the installations for them too. Get in touch with us today over the phone or come visit either of our stores if you are looking for laminate flooring in Melbourne.