Wood Flooring Melbourne
Wood Flooring Melbourne Supplier
What are Hardwood Floors?
Wood Flooring (Solid hardwood flooring) is the most beautiful, elegant and long-lasting flooring option. They are large natural wood planks, polished and processed to create durable flooring options. Hardwood floors can be sanded and refinished multiple times and generally requires a wood subfloor below them to prevent moisture damage. Hardwood floors are eco-friendly and durable and increase the value of your property. They can be considered a long-term investment even though they are expensive compared to the other flooring options.
The prices may vary depending on wood, such as oak, walnut, hickory, maple, cherry, etc. They can go a little over the edge if they are imported, like Jatoba, Cumaru, Ipe, and Acacia. Unlike the common misconception, hardwood floors can come in different shades and colors depending on the wood species, making it easier to fit any decor and style in your home.
Types of Hardwood
Depending on the country and region, the types of hardwood available can vary. However, let’s take a look at some of the most popular hardwood types.
- Oak: Offers excellent strength and durability. Treating and finishing a hardwood made of oak can be less expensive than most hardwood options, making it the most popular among homeowners.
- Walnut: It is an open-grained hardwood. The hardwood colour usually changes from a dark mustard colour to a rich chocolate brown in a few days.
- Ash: This hardwood type is most commonly used for high-traffic areas such as shops and offices with a perfect blend of pale honey and creamy brown.
- Mahogany: Mahogany is mainly used for cabinetries and cupboards but has recently increased in popularity among hardwood floors due to its durability and rich reddish-brown colour.
- Maple: A native of Canada, this hardwood flooring is the most common among homeowners because of its warm golden hue and high resilience and durability.
Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
- Enhances the look of your home: If you are going for a warm but classy look for your home, hardwood flooring is your best bet.
- They are low maintenance and easy to clean. You don’t have to spend money getting special cleaning agents, and you could simply use a mop and water to clean them. They can also be steam cleaned or vacuumed depending on what option is available for you.
- They do not harbour mites and other insects growing inside the wood.
- They are stain-resistant, and even if you spill something accidentally, they can be cleaned easily.
- Hardwood floors are strong and durable. If taken proper care of, hardwood floors can last up to decades.
- Hardwood floors add value to your home. Whether you are planning to sell your home or not, hardwood flooring makes your home more valuable in the market after years of use.
Wood Flooring Melbourne Showroom
If you’re thinking of upgrading your existing floors or getting brand new flooring for your home, we can help you with them all. At Joshua Tiles, we offer a wide range of hardwood flooring options for you to choose from. Give us a call today to learn more about wood flooring services in Melbourne.